Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas!

Festive greetings, everyone!

I hope you are all have an excellent time regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas or not! I love Christmas, mostly because of the decorations. One of my fondest childhood memories is walking the dogs in the evening and going down this one particular street where everyone seemed to have lights on their roofs and some had giant inflatables and the likes to create various Christmas scenes. I also love Christmas because it means that I get a break from school, and let's face it we can all do with a break!

This year I feel very spoilt as my parents gave me a lot of presents even though  I only asked for one. I always feel guilty asking for things, especially as my birthday is so close to Christmas, but I really wanted some half chaps/gaiters (which I will be doing a product review of either January or February most likely). I didn't ask for anything else, but they still felt the need to buy me miscellaneous items. One of my favourites is a panda onesie, which is the most comfortable thing I have ever worn, although the tail does have to be shifted for some positions to be pain-free! I also got some festive socks, which makes me happy because I always seem to be in need of more. Is it just me who finds socks getting threadbare ridiculously quickly?

I didn't get to enjoy my presents for too long as family came over to ours for Christmas dinner, so I had to be somewhat presentable (and by that I mean dressed in something other than a fluffy panda onesie). I don't think we ever really thank Mum enough for all the effort she puts into Christmas dinner. There isn't a lot of counter space in our kitchen, so it can be difficult and what with me being vegetarian she has to juggle an alternative for me. This year I had a rather delicious nut roast cutlet and as yummy as it was, the most delicious item on the plate was the roast potatoes. Who doesn't love a roast potato? The delightful potatoes were followed by a heavenly Yule Log that left us all feeling rather full and sleepy. Brave was on TV so there for me the afternoon was perfectly relaxing. Disney on Christmas just makes perfect sense. Although I think Frozen would have made more sense given it being set in winter (sort of) and all. Or 101 Dalmations.

One of my other presents that will no doubt come in handy is a boot bag. For things like travelling to and from uni it will definitely be handy to have somewhere secure to stick my jodhpur boots (especially if they've gotten a bit muddy!).

Anyway! I hope you have all had a fantastic day. Did you get something from your wishlist? I'd love to hear what you are all getting up to.

Happy Holidays!

No comments :

Post a Comment