Sunday 7 February 2016

Dressage Competition

Hello everyone!

Can we take a moment to appreciate how pretty
it is? Absolutely love the colours!
I had a brilliant time at the dressage competition today. Rowan was absolutely fantastic, so willing to
respond to me and he was so straight on the free rein section. He was so fabulous that we were awarded second place! Having never so much as placed at a competition before I was in a state of disbelief. It was only a friendly competition that the riding school hosts for its clients, but honestly I felt so proud (mostly surprised though).

My test was flawed, I won't deny that. On the first 20m circle we picked up the wrong canter lead, but I didn't really notice until the second circle at E, and then I was unsure what to do because I didn't want the instructors judging the competition to think he'd broken or that I forgot where the transition was supposed to be. It was this that cost us first place, but this is just something I will learn from.

Whilst I was at the stables I realised, a little belatedly, that they are holding a dressage championship of sorts. There are another two dressage competitions this year. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do the third competition as chances are I'll be on the other side of the country at university, but I can't wait for the summer for the next competition!

For today's competition I entered myself for the prelim test, but I'm thinking that for the summer show I may try novice for the first time. I'll have to learn an entirely new test which is exciting (the dressage competition before today was also prelim 16), but I'm not 100% yet on if I'll move up a group. I may stick with the prelim if the test is different so that I can establish whether I did so well because I knew the test just that well or whether it was because I can actually ride. I really hope it's the latter!

Have you participated in any shows recently, or do you have plans to? I'd love to know.

Until next time!


No comments :

Post a Comment