Saturday 23 April 2016

Photography Walk

The weather today has been a bit temperamental, but I really wanted to get outside and do some photography. The heavy cloud cover at times delayed my outing, as my camera doesn't have any waterproof coverings to speak of, so I was reluctant to get caught in the rain. However, there was only so much time that I could spend cooped up with my homework and revision before I simply had to go for a walk at the least even if my camera stayed at home.


 This afternoon brought with it the perfect opportunity. One of the dogs wanted to go for a walk to escape the relatives that had popped by for a visit, so I followed suit. The pooch didn't really feel like staying still long enough for me to get many photos, but it was nice to go on a longer walk than usual. I still felt like a Billy No Mates as Molly was walking ahead of me for the majority of the walk, but I think she enjoyed getting to go a bit further than usual. It was quite refreshing to see lots of other people enjoying the day as well. It wasn't exactly warm outside by any means, but the rain largely held off so it wasn't too bad.



I did manage to get some photos (although I haven't yet edited them - so if the quality isn't brilliant then this is partly why) and it has definitely inspired me to get outside more. My Dad mentioned going for an early morning walk at some point so that I can try my hand at getting some snaps of the birds, so I look forward to that. I really love wildlife photography, but I don't practice it nearly as much as I should if I want to improve! 



I've also recently tried to be big and brave and move away from automatic mode. I had to use manual for the school production in February given the stage lighting and not being able to use flash or even the auto-focus light to help me, and it did give me some confidence, but the environment then was quite controlled. Being outside where the sun can't make up its mind is more of a challenge, but one I will consider broaching when I don't have a dog wrapping the lead around my legs.

If you have any photography tips then please let me know. I'd rather have too much advice than not enough, especially as I broach the scary world of the exposure triangle.

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment