Sunday 4 September 2016

Final Pony Club Lesson

As the title suggests, this weekend saw the very last of my Pony Club lessons. It was a great lesson - there was jumping and racing and laughter - but at the same time, it was bittersweet leaving the stable yard that final time.

The reason for it being my last lesson is that next week I head off to university. Whilst this is a fantastic opportunity and everything, I know I'm going to miss the stables a lot. It seems really weird to think that I won't be seeing my favourite horses in a fortnight as I have done for the past few years, but I fully intend to go to the stables for a lesson whenever I'm back home from uni. My curiosity wouldn't have it any other way!

There are a lot of things I could write here, about how wonderful all the staff members were and how much fun I had with my riding groups over the years, but I honestly don't think it would sound as sincere as I would mean it to be. My riding has improved so much since being at that yard, and as I have every intention of returning I also don't want this blog post to turn into a fond farewell. Much like the sign off on my posts, it very much is a case of 'until the next time'.

Between the ears of one of my faves :3

One thing I do regret though, is that I don't have a lot of photos from my time there. I only realised this as I went to make this post and had a look through my things. 2014 is the last time my lessons were really recorded. My dad tried to film a few of of the show jumping rounds and dressage tests from competitions, but sadly the quality is really bad and I also think his SD card destroyed them recently anyway. The picture about, as well as a few others, are the most recent I have and I only took them because I knew it was my last time on the yard. Usually I leave my phone behind in the car or at home, but I made a special effort to get a few snaps this weekend.

I'm excited for university and meeting the college horses, but I don't think any will replace those I'm already in love with at this stables. This post really doesn't do justice to my final lesson, but I can't really find the words to express how I feel right now. All I can really say is this:

To everyone who has made Pony Club so special, thank you! I wish you all the best, and I hope to see what you get up to through social media. I'll be sure to see you all soon with tales of the horsey things I have learnt, so long as you fill me in with everything that has been happening down here! Good luck with the new horse, and have fun earning your badges x

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment