Sunday 9 October 2016

Pride & Prejudice theatre trip!

Hello, everyone!

This weekend I went to see a Pride and Prejudice theatre production with a twist - the entire cast compromised of only two actors! This production is put on by Two Bit Classics, and they've done an amazing job. With just two actors on stage, the audience gets to see Darcy, the Bingleys, the Bennets, Collins, the Gardiners, and Charlotte and Sir William Lucas to name just a few! It was very funny and entirely engaging, and you can probably get away with not knowing the story line before you go and see it (which I really recommend you do!).


To the left we have the design for the adverts etc, and on the right we have the stage set up (there is an additional chair next to the 'mantel piece' on the right hand side, but I accidentally cut that off!). If the production design doesn't tempt you to see it, I don't know what will as it is wonderfully whimsical~ The stage and prop designers really do deserve a round of applause for such a clever set!

The actors were absolutely incredible. The transitions between characters was seamless, and I don't think I'll forget Mary and Kitty in a hurry! The mannerisms of each character were well thought out, and the change between narrative and dialogue was spot on. Each bit of comedy only added to the performance, and nothing was left out. I honestly cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a trip to the theatre so much, and the friend who went with me was laughing just as much as I was and loved it just as much! I think the attention to detail, such as having different body language for each character, is what makes the production to fantastic. Nothing is ignored, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to watch or read Pride & Prejudice again without remembering Kitty's cough.

If you would like to see the production (which you really should because it is totes awesome haha), then visit this link and you'll be able to see some photos as well as book tickets. The production will go to Bracknell, Exeter, Chesterfield, Colchester, Margate, Greenwich, Aberdeen, Livingstone, and Musselborough in the rest of this month alone, so you have to be quick to organise your trip out!

I simply can't recommend this show enough, and I would like to congratulate everyone who is part of the project for doing such an incredible job. Everything from props and costume to script writing to acting and music was just amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. Good luck with the rest of the tour, and I look forward to seeing what your company does next!

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment