Sunday 15 January 2017

I'm still alive!

It's been a while since I've blogged. I fell off the wagon as November arrived and with it a lot of assignment hand-in dates, and then with the holiday fast approaching I had to sort out travel back home and make sure I understand all the benefits of loose schooling and argh! It got very stressful very quickly, and so blogging had to take the back seat. Now that the holidays are out of the way and I'm back at uni, I feel like I can dedicate more time to blogging again. I even made it one of my New Year's resolutions (although I had revision and an exam to do as well as travel, so it's a belated start). Anyhow, on with the blog!

Christmas was not a very relaxing break for me. A relative was admitted to hospital, and the family all came together to continue to look after her when she was discharged. The reason I bring this up is because I would really like to thank everyone who helped her. The NHS team were great and it just brings to light the damage that could be inflicted upon a service that is already over stretched if they're forced to work seven days a week. It made the news reports about Jeremy Hunt that much more relevant, and a lot closer to home.

Two nurses in particular stood out to me over the time that we were in the hospital; one was just had a very friendly personality, and the other went above and beyond to give guidance to me and my family about another issue. I'm sure there were a lot of things that she needed to do, but she never came across as wanting to be somewhere else. Honestly, it really helped having members of staff like this around. It was a difficult time, but they made it so much easier. No one wants to see a loved one in hospital over Christmas, but it didn't feel quite so awful if people like them were around. Thankfully, the family member was discharged on Christmas Eve, but even if she hadn't been the NHS have an arrangement with the local Salvation Army so that it still feels like a celebration.

Christmas day itself was quiet but it was nice to see my sister and brother-in-law. It was a small family size than usual, but it was a lovely day. I didn't really ask for anything in particular, as getting things for my move to uni did cost quite a bit, but two of my favourite presents was a Harry Potter trivial pursuit game and a dog shaming calendar. Recently I have decided that I would like a 3DS as I have gotten back into my old Harvest Moon games, but what with being student it will be a very long time before I can get my hands on that sort of luxury!

Well, that's about all of the news from me. How was your Christmas break? You can contact me in all of the usual ways via the social network links over on the right-hand side of the page, or on the Contact Me page.

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment