Sunday 19 February 2017

My Top 5 Favourite Apps



As those of you who follow me on Twitter and Instagram know, I've been back at home for a few days and only returned to university yesterday. I'm still pretty tired from the long journey, although my thanks does go to National Express for the service, so my creative juices weren't flowing massively for today's post. Then I figured seen as two of my blog descriptions are 'student' and 'lifestyle' I may as well share some further insight. What better than the apps I use most often? 

1. Twitter/Instagram
Okay, okay. I get that this is kind of cheating to have these two tied for first but they kind of go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. My instragram automatically posts onto Twitter but I also find people to follow on instagram because of twitter so it really is helpful having both. Instagram allows me to connect with some of my former Pony Club friends whilst I generally use Twitter to connect with those I don't know irl. Having said that, follow me on either and if you talk to me I will reply :)

2. Gardenscapes/Fishdom
I promise that is the last one where two apps are tied but I couldn't pick between them! They are both made by the same company, and so are very similar. Sometimes I prefer Fishdom, but then I'll get stuck on a hard level and go over to Gardenscapes. The latter has a story line and I feel like you can do more things - like have a dog, plant trees, create fountains - but it very much relies on said story line. There isn't a store like in Fishdom, in which you can decorate the tanks very easily. At the moment I think Gardenscapes is more of a favourite just because I'm getting in the mood for summer and the garden is looking pretty good! Best part of these two apps is that no internet connection is required at all, which is great because it meant that I could play them on the coach without using lots of data. 

3. Disney's Magic Kingdoms
19 years old or not, Disney will always hold a place in my heart. This game I actually found on the Windows Store. Whilst the game itself is free, it does definitely try to get you spend real money. Not really that surprising considering the fact that is Disney. Have you seen ticket prices for their theme parks? Anyways, it is totally possible to play this game without spending a penny and I love seeing all the characters that formulated bits of my childhood. It's also such an easy game to play. I'll get notified when characters have finished an activity, so I don't spend masses amount of time just watching the screen. I can still do other things on my laptop before seeing that Woody has finished 'taking a break' etc. 

4. Choices: Stories You Play
This is a recent download but omg, I'm addicted. Currently, I'm focusing on "The Freshman" series of books, basically follows a story line of a girl through her freshman year at college, and you get to choose who your relationship is with through the choices you make. It's great for the mushy feelings, but if that isn't your cup of tea there are a couple of non-romance books. There are a few things I dislike about the app. You only get 2 keys (which I guess could be considered lives) and they take 2 and a half hours to recharge, At the end of each new chapter - i.e, one you haven't completed before - you get one diamond, and these diamonds can be used to unlock outfits and extra scenes. This, I find, is quite frustrating as there are times where I would do a certain action but it requires 20+ diamonds, so I can't. Spending money on games is not something I plan to ever do, so I think I've only seen two or three of the 'premium' parts. The graphics are good though, so it is worth looking at. If you can handle waiting for the keys, then there is plenty of drama waiting at your fingertips! 

5. Netflix
Ahh, Netflix. Every student finds something that aids in their procrastination, and I am certainly no different. I use the app on my laptop, but I did have it on my phone for a while. The only reason I deleted it off my phone was because I had very little space left. There are some great shows and films on Netflix, but the reason I haven't put this higher up my list is because there are a lot of shows I would love to watch but can't because they either aren't on Netflix at all or they are only available on the American service. I appreciate that there's probably licensing issues at play here, but this girl would love to be able to watch NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds and Supernatural. This can be applied to other things too - Sky box sets for example are sorely lacking in every crime drama I'd like to watch. Another issue with Netflix is that some series aren't up to date. 'Jane the Virgin', for example, only has one season available so now I'm hooked without a completely legal means of watching later series. Having said that, Netflix is home to BBC's Merlin and Doctor Who as well as Shadowhunters so credit must be given where credit is due for good programme choices!

And that just about makes my top five list. There are a couple of others that just missed out, such as the Despicable Me: Minion Rush game which I also have on my laptop but some of the areas cause the game to lag way too much for me to consider it a top five choice, even if I do still play it pretty much every day.

If you have any app suggestions please feel free to comment or get in touch via social media. I'd probably need to get a new SD card to fit them on my phone, but I will definitely make a note of them! Alternatively, if you have any suggestions for further top five blog posts, I would love to hear them ♥

Until next time~

No comments :

Post a Comment