Sunday 8 November 2015

America!

The 18th October brought with it a cold Sunday morning, a long flight, and a day lasting more than 24 hours. Why? I had a school trip to Washington, D.C. and New York City.

Washington was, for me, the best of the 8 days abroad because of the stunning architecture and relevance to my History A Level. Here's a few of the best snaps from my three days there.

The White House
War Memorial
Supreme Court
Robert E. Lee's House, Arlington Cemetery 
New York was pretty awesome too, but I am not a fan of busy places particularly and so found it a little bit stressful - especially when there's someone dressed up as the Joker in Times Square saying "why so serious?" behind you.

Time's Square
Statue of Liberty 
View from the Empire State Building
View from the Empire State Building

These are just a few of the pictures. We also went to Gettysburg on the transfer from Washington to New York in order to see the battlefield. It was an incredible trip, but I was very happy to get back home and return to my normal sleeping pattern.

Until next time, folks. 

No comments :

Post a Comment